We originally published these cocktail recipes during Dry January for those of you who couldn’t stay away from the bar and just plain hated seltzer!
But on a second look realized, they’re perfect for all year long, especially in Summer climes for a light thirst-quenching afternoon.
Reps from Tequila Herradura sent us these low-calorie, slimmed-down options to imbibe without feeling completely guilty.
Kaffir Lime Leaf Spritzer
- 2 oz Herradura Silver
- 2 oz Kaffir lime leaf tea (chilled)
- ½ oz lime juice
- ½ oz lemongrass syrup
- For Kaffir tea: take 10 Kaffir lime leaves and place in a teapot or other heat proof receptacle and add boiling water. After 10 minutes remove leaves and allow cooling to room temperature.
- For the Lemongrass syrup: cut 2 stems of lemon grass into discs. Place in a hot pan and gently toast for 20 seconds. Add 1 liter of simple syrup and bring to the boil, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat & allow cooling to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in to a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice. Shake hard and strain over ice into a tall glass. Garnish with a lemongrass spear and a mint sprig.
- 1 oz Herradura Silver
- 1 oz Dolin Bianco vermouth
- Dash orange bitter
- ½ oz lemon juice
- 1 oz club soda
- Pomegranate seeds
- Place all ingredients except the soda into a high balled filled. Add the club soda last then using a bar spoon stir the ingredients together to chill & combine the flavors. Garnish with a mint sprig and pomegranate seeds.