Contributed by Tracey Paleo, Gia On The Move
In the heart of the ever-growing Cahuenga corridor sits premiere cultural nightclub and Hollywood staple, Station1640, Managed by Danny Bitar & Chad Hanna of Worldwide Events, Inc., will mark a complete overhaul of the venue with an all-encompassing artistic take-over by Los Angeles’ most epic graffiti artists who will be installing murals throughout the venue.
Eddie Donaldson, a prominent figure in the Los Angeles graffiti community and founder of GuerillaOne was enlisted to commission a top-tier roster of world-renowned artists including: RETNA, Slick, WRDSMTH, Sebastien Walker of Seventh Letter, RISK, Sponto founder of BornxRaised, Jim Evans aka Taz, with more to come.
The entire installation, whose theme and decor is inspired by the underground subways of New York City, will culminate with a grand opening to celebrate Station1640’s new chapter of bridge art, music, and nightlife, and will take place in January 2018.
Contemporary graffiti artist RETNA will kick off the installation by canvassing the entire exterior with his distinctive constructed script which can be seen throughout the streets of Los Angeles.
Over the next 6 weeks, the roster of world-renowned artists will begin their mural take-over of the space. Patrons will be invited inside to see the ‘making of’ these masterpieces with live installation events, some of which will also be streamed by CosmicLA.com starting on December 9th.
To round out the new additions, Station1640 will boast a new Mediterranean menu early next year featuring a delicious selection of bites and cocktails for guests.
Upcoming Station1640 Events Include:
- December 6th: CLINIC’s Sneak Peak of Station1640
- December 9th: CosmicLA’s Launch and Soft Opening of Station1640 (Invite Only)
- December 16th: CosmicLA and Media Red Carpet Soft Opening
- December 17th – 30th: Artist Mural Sneak Peak sessions continue with new murals and installments popping up every week. *See website for further details.
- December 22nd: Favela Fridays kick-off event, a look into Brazil’s pop and hip hop scene.
- December 31st: Grand Opening STATION1640 New Year’s Eve Event
- January 1st: Minimal Effort’s Recovery Party
Photos provided by Evolutionary Media Group: Station1640 exterior mural by graffiti artist RETNA.