comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) today announced the official worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of March 13, 2016, as compiled by the company’s theatrical measurement services.
comScore’s Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, “Walt Disney Animation Studios’ ‘Zootopia’ worked its magic once again this weekend with a roaring $133 million global weekend. Internationally, ‘Zootopia’ took in an additional $83.1 million, up 25% from the prior weekend taking its total to $288.7M for a combined global tally to date of $431.315 million. Notably, Liosngate’s ‘The Divergent Series: Allegiant’ opens with $26.7 million in 45 territories one week ahead of its North American release coming this Friday.”
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 13, are below.
- Zootopia – Disney – $133.1M
- Kung Fu Panda 3 – 20th Century Fox – $30.2M
- Gods Of Egypt – Multiple – $28.9M
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – Paramount Pictures – $26.7M
- Divergent Series: Allegiant, The – Multiple – $26.7M
- London Has Fallen – Multiple – $22.7M
- Deadpool – 20th Century Fox – $22.1M
- Ip Man 3 – Multiple – $13.0M
- Revenant, The – 20th Century Fox – $8.9M
- Brothers Grimsby, The – Sony – $6.3M
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – Paramount Pictures – $4.6M
- Perfect Match, The – Multiple – $4.2M
The top 12 domestic weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, March 13, are below.
- Zootopia – Disney – $50.0M
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – Paramount – $25.2M
- Deadpool – 20th Century Fox – $10.8M
- London Has Fallen – Focus Features – $10.7M
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot – Paramount – $4.6M
- Perfect Match, The – Lionsgate – $4.2M
- Young Messiah, The – Focus Features – $3.4M
- Brothers Grimsby, The – Sony – $3.1M
- Gods Of Egypt – Lionsgate – $2.5M
- Risen – Sony – $2.2M
- Revenant, The – 20th Century Fox – $2.0M
- Kung Fu Panda 3 – 20th Century Fox – $1.6M
Full details regarding the global domestic and international box office results are listed in the table below (click to enlarge).
© 2016 comScore
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is the cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation inJanuary 2016 to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.