Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and America’s sweethearts are planning to spend an average of $146.84 to a record total of $19.7 billion collectively on the occasion. To find out which cities are the most romantic while going easy on couples’ wallets, personal finance website WalletHub compared the 100 most populated cities across 15 key metrics, ranging from restaurant-meal costs to number of attractions to number of florists per capita to discover 2016’s Best and Worst Cities for Valentine’s Day.
Celebrating the Day of Hearts in
- 64th – Average Price per Valentine’s Day Party Ticket*
- 59th – Restaurant-Meal Costs (Three-Course Meal for Two)*
- 85th – Number of Restaurants per Capita
- 5th – Number of Attractions
- 88th – Average Price per Movie Ticket*
- 7th – Number of Jewelry Stores per Capita
- 29th – Number of Florists per Capita
- 23rd – Average Wine Price*
- 67th – Number of Specialty Stores per Capita
- 16th – Weather Forecast for Valentine’s Day
*Cost data adjusted by the median household income of the city.