Step inside the modern Texas roadhouse – real American hardwood siding, weathered wooden tables, a chandelier made from vintage milk bottles, front patio with green “turf” floor and tall milking stools at the dining bar. Fun artwork and artifacts decorate the walls including the Holy Cow California flag. Meals are served on pie tins, oversized pans and tin cups and drinks come in Mason Jars.
Welcome to the new Holy Cow BBQ restaurant – quintessentially American authentic barbecue – slow smoked goodness. Opening Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 264 26th Street (across from Brentwood Country Mart) Santa Monica CA 90402
Holy Cow BBQ was created by Rob Serritella and the team behind the popular Messhall Kitchen in Los Feliz…creators of the Strawberry Shortcakeand the Irish Goodbye. Executive Chef at Holy Cow is Michael Rosen, former chef at Zeke’s Barbeque.
“Hang out” or “Take Out” Holy Cow‘s Cow Van will even deliver to your door.
BBQ is all about the basics:
Comfort food in a comfortable setting featuring the finest cuts of meat, poultry and fish….rubbed, smoked and cooked to perfection.
They source the finest ingredients – seeking out local, organic, sustainable and natural foods. And we’ll be smoking with pure hickory. They’ll be sauces a plenty – smoky, spicy, sweet, Tomato or Mustard base.
- House Brisket (Texas), Tri-Tip (Santa Maria), Pulled pork (Carolina) and Baby Backs (Memphis, Kansas City) to specialties like the Prairie Dog (Louisiana Hot Link), and El Jefe (LA’s own).
- Saddle up some of our Scratch sides – Kettle Beans, Creamed Greens, Mac & Cheeese, Sweet Potato et al
- Plenty of fresh farm greens and veggies too plus Roasted Corn Chowder and Brentwood Vegan Chili
- Deep Fried CornBread so good you’ll want a plateful.
- Leave room for Sweets like a Cow Pie, Berry Crumb or a homemade Trail Bar
- Special Youngins Menu that’s sure to please