Interesting Food Facts about Potato Chip
- The first potato “chips” appeared in 1853. Served at the Lodge at Saratoga Springs, New York. They were referred to for decades as “Saratoga Chips”
- Native American chef, George Crum is credited with creating & first serving the “Saratoga Chips”
- The average potato chip is .04 to.08 of an inch thick.
- During WWII production of potato chips halted because they were deemed an “unessential food”
- in Great Britain and many other parts of the world Potato Chips are referred to as “crisps”. Chips, to them are French Fried potatoes.
George Crum created the first potato chip from being annoyed by a customer’s complain on his thick french fries.
It takes 1,000 pounds of potatoes to make 350 pounds of potato chips.
The most popular US Potato Chip flavours are Regular, Barbecue and Sour Cream and Onion.
Today’s Food History
- 1794 Eli…
View original post 38 more words