Foodies everywhere in the US are ramping up for holiday cooking and entertaining. Inevitably, this is the time of year we also start wishing we had that perfect “Martha Stewart” kitchen to cook in and showcase when hosting holiday parties. To help us fantasize (and if you’re actually in the market for some new digs, Apartment Guide took a look at their listing data and put together a list of top metros for apartments with the most kitchen amenities (i.e. stainless steel appliances, dishwashers, microwaves and island kitchens)! And they’ve sent over a super cool infographic. Woot! LA is 3rd on the list…We’re so proud. Under the image they’ve also offerd some creative Kitchen Space Saver tips. Enjoy and Buon Appetit!
Apartment Guide Tips – Creative Kitchen Space Savers
When entertaining in small spaces like apartments, being creative with the kitchen and coming up with unique organization and storage solutions can make a big impact. Below are a few tips and tricks to maximizing kitchen space as we prepare for holiday entertaining.
- Holiday Cheers!
- Toasting to the holiday season can be difficult if there isn’t a convenient place to store the wine. An under-the-cabinet wine rack is the perfect solution to this storage problem that will also double as a great decorative piece for the kitchen. This way the wine is on display, organized and easy to access when entertaining.
- Prep, Store, Dine!
- Adding a free-standing kitchen island can serve multiple purposes. Not only can you use it for meal preparation, as well as for storage, but add a few stools and guests can also use it for additional dining space or keep you company while you’re cooking.
- Forget the Mistletoe
- Instead of hanging mistletoe from your ceiling, consider your pots and pans! These easy-to-reach pots and pans racks look great and provide extra room in kitchen cupboards to store all of your holiday entertaining pieces.
- Deck the Shelves with Pops of Color
- Empty wall space is like a blank canvas – there’s so much you can do! Build a few shelves to store and display kitchen accessories. This allows you to have utensils within reach, remove unnecessary counter clutter as well as get creative with pops of color that can be tailored to any holiday.
*Methodology: Apartment Guide looked at their data for the top cities with apartment listings that included stainless steel appliances, dishwashers, microwaves and island kitchens.