Thursday, September 26th was the first night of the 12th Annual Galbani® Cheese Italian Feast of San Gennaro, Los Angeles. The evening’s fundraiser was hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla with Mark DeCarlo Master of Ceremonies, and featured songs from the San Remo Music Festival and “That’s Amore! An Italian American Songbook.”
Kicking off October’s Italian Heritage Month, Hollywood will be celebrating everything it means to be Italian, the festival Officially opens in Hollywood to the public starting today from September 27–29, 2013 from 11:00am to 11:00pm.
Located across the street from the Hollywood and Highland complex and Metro Red Line, directly behind the Jimmy Kimmel Live Theater at 1651 N. Highland Ave.
General admission is $5 and kids under 12 are free.
All proceeds benefit the San Gennaro Foundation, established to provide aid to children and families in need in Los Angeles.
In honor of the Feast’s 12th Anniversary and to raise funds for their various charities, there will be special events going on throughout the weekend, including:
- A “Gravy-Sauce” competition and “Galbani® String Cheese-building” contest hosted by The Meatballs of Comedy, a Live Telethon for Veterans from the Main Stage on Sunday September 29th and a weekend.
- ‘Will You Marrow Me?” donor campaign for Be the Match registry, which recruits marrow donors to save lives of blood cancer patients.
- A Blood Drive for City of Hope, Cedars Sinai, Children’s Hospital and American Red Cross will also be hosted on-site.
- A Procession of St. Gennaro on Hollywood Blvd. will begin at noon on Saturday, September 28th and conclude with a Mass on the Main Stage presided by Monsignor Antonio Cacciapuoti.
- And there will be so much more!
For more information about the Galbani® Cheese Italian Feast of San Gennaro, Los Angeles, please visit www.feastofla.org or call (818) 508-0082.