Rice & Roll Onigiri is makes its LA debut today – embarking on a month long food truck tour of the LA area starting in Pasadena!
And what exactly is Onigiri?
Onigiri is a Japanese stuffed rice ball that comes with a variety of fillings, including Tuna & Spicy Mayo, Vegetable & Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, Smoked Salmon & Onion with Mayo, and Edamame.
As a staple in Japanese diets that has been around for centuries, onigiri is formed into triangular or oval shapes and is typically wrapped in seaweed, or nori. Onigiri is much like the American sandwich, regarded as a quick and easy meal option for a work day lunch or a ready-to-go dinner. Fuji Foods, Japan’s #1 seller of onigiri, will be launching their first onigiri product line in the U.S market – and you can be among the first to try it!
Fast and casual Asian food is emerging as a major trend in 2012, according to the Huffington Post, and onigiris are the ideal go-to portable meal. They come wrapped and ready-to-go in an easy to open package and require no prep time.
Want to try one out for yourselves? Be sure to visit our truck at one (or more!) of the following locations:
- 7/21: LA Street Food Festival: 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103
- 7/22:1800 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- 7/27: 10683 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA 90232
- 7/28: Annual Summerfest: 1800 Ocean Walk Front, Venice Beach, CA 90291
- 7/29: Annual Summerfest: 1800 Ocean Walk Front, Venice Beach, CA 90291
- 8/3: 1337 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, CA 90291
- 8/4: 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- 8/5: Highland Park: 5000 York Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90042
- 8/7: 2625 Main Street, Santa Monica, California 90405
- 8/8: 2700 Pennsylvania Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- 8/10: 5900 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036
- 8/11: Nisei Week: 319 E 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
- 8/12: Nisei Week: 319 E 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA 90012