Just as they promised…the World Cup Winners have a Golden Gift on their way. And you are never going to believe this!
To celebrate the sound of winning and to congratulate Germany, Beats by Dr. Dre have created the ultimate prize to go with the ultimate sporting victory a set of 24 (for the 23 man squad and manager), 24 carat gold dipped Beats Pro’s, which will be gifted to the German team.
To commemorate the win, Beats have commissioned fashion photographer Rankin to create a celebratory salute to the victory starring the Gold Beats Pro headphones and Naomi Campbell, titled ‘Golden’. The new work see’s Naomi as the World Cup trophy adorned in gold high fashion and sporting the Gold Beats Pros.
Watch the video!
Speaking about the shoot, Naomi Campbell commented;
“Working on the ‘Golden’ project with Beats by Dr. Dre was so much fun. The shoot was loud and energetic…I even got to practice my football skills! This was the first time I’ve had the chance to work with the legendary Rankin, so it was a dream shoot. The ‘Golden’ project is the perfect way to celebrate the German victory and I’m glad to be a part of this campaign.”
Speaking on the Beats by Dr. Dre commission, Rankin commented;
“Beats by Dr.Dre are mixing their link to sport with one of today’s most recognisable fashion icons. Naomi, one of the most well-known supermodels in the world, is a great partnership – it’s her attitude I really love, it’s the perfect pairing.”
Even the well wishers are challenging the teams!
Beats by Dre have been working on a secret project with Naomi Campbell and she has come off set to wish both teams and fans good luck in the most important soccer game in the world. Naomi’s special prize is going to be revealed on Sunday to the winners.
Naomi Campbell and Beats by Dre wish Argentina good luck in the World Cup Final
Naomi Campbell and Beats by Dre wish Germany good luck in the World Cup Final
Naomi is wearing Champagne Gold Wireless Studio available from www.beatsbydre.com
Get pumped up for the game on Sunday with Dr. Dre’s Beats – The Game Before The Game!
Recorded for earlier games but will rock you out!
Cherry Pop Rocks Donut from Texas Donuts
Get your stretch pants out and bring your appetite! The OC Fair opens next weekend and as always there will be a 23 day bonanza of fun food and drink, in addition to the rides, games, contests, animals, entertainment and action sports!
The Fair opens on Friday, July 11th and runs until Sunday, August 10th
(Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays).
This summer new treats will be offered, and of course many of their past favorites will make a return!
- Chicken Charlie’s new Deep-Fried Doritos and Deep-Fried Chicken Skin; plus of course Deep-Fried Twinkies and Oreos
- Bacon-A-Fair will offer Bacon-Wrapped Jack Daniels
- Biggy’s Meat Market is bringing gluten-free options this summer with GF hamburger buns, fries & a newly gluten-free The Big Rib.
- Texas Donuts will showcase their giant donuts with new flavors including Cherry Pop Rocks and Banana Chocolate Cream
- Each Friday (from noon – 4pm) $2 Taste of Fair Food will offer Fairgoers the chance to taste fun-sized samples of funnel cake, tri-tip, corn dogs, gelato, cotton candy and more.
- OC Brew Hee Haw, a craft beer roundup, is July 11-13 and will bring some of the best local craft beers to OC Fairgoers for five sessions of beer tastings, demonstrations and exhibits. Visit ocbrewheehaw.com
- Celebrity Chefs will bring their colorful cooking skills to The Hangar stage on three Thursdays. Scheduled appearances, include Carla Hall, co-host ABC’s lifestyle series “The Chew” (July 17, 4 p.m.); Roy Choi, founder of the famous Korean taco truck, Kogi BBQ (July 24, 4 p.m.); and Kelsey Nixon, host of her own show, “Kelsey’s Essentials” on the Cooking Channel (July 31, 4p.m.) Free with Fair admission and autograph sessions will follow each appearance. Presented by Vons.
- Special Culinary Contests include Eating Smart Starts Here (July 19) Hot! Hot! Hot! Chili, Wings or Sals (July 26), OC Cupcake Classic (August) and Fairtastic Food (August 9) Registration is Wednesday before each contest. For a complete list, visit, ocfair.com/competitions
- Award-Winning Wines are available by the taste or the glass in the Wine Courtyard throughout Fair and on weekends wine-lovers can learn more about the various varietals of wine during the Orange County Wine Society’s Wine Seminars (most require an additional fee).
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa, California.
For more information please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook./OCFair, follow them at Twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500.
Posted in Food, Media, Sports
Tagged animals, beer, Brew Hee Haw, culinary contests, Deep-Fried Twinkies, Fair Food, Fair food and drink, games, gluten free, OC Fair, rides, Texas Donuts, wine
Did you know that in its early years the Pepsi logo looked like a Coca-cola copycat and that the million-dollar logo change they did in 2008 was also criticized to be an Obama’s campaign logo rip off? And did you know:
- Google’s first logo was made in a free graphics program GIMP
- Nike logo was designed by a student for only $35
- The original twitter logo was bought on iStockPhoto for $15
- Apple’s current logo was inspired by their original ‘78 monochrome logo
On the other hand, iconic logo designs are timeless. Brands such as Coca-Cola or GE keep their logos almost unchanged for more than 100 years. Below is a cool infographic designed and contributed by Alex Hillsberg of Finances Online on the evolution of hte logo. You can also read a more in depth version of this story on the site by clicking here.
Posted in Art, Food, Media, Sports
Tagged apple, Coca-Cola, evolution, graphic design, lcon, logos, nike, Pepsi, technology, Twitter
In 5 short days, a new Costa Mesa hot spot will be upon us! The well-known Tavern + Bowl of San Diego is opening their first ever Orange County location and it’s sure to be a hit!
The Grand Opening takes place on February 27,2014 from 5 pm – 2 am. Whether you are looking for a cold micro-brew, some savory snacks, or an awesome game of bowling, this tavern is going to be your new hot spot and neighborhood staple. We hope you’re ready to let the good times to roll!
This family-friendly concept originated in Downtown San Diego in 2007 and took the city by surprise with its unpretentious, come-as-you-are atmosphere, exceptional food and beverages, outstanding customer service, and unparalleled versatility.
Some of the items you’ll notice as you enter the venue include ample, sleek seating, 26 huge LCD TVs, a large bar featuring 40 beers on draft, a brand new kitchen pumping out tantalizing treats, and 10 state-of-the-art bowling lanes where you can test your skills.
Start with the designated Kingpin’s choice appetizer, Grilled Oysters Kilpatrick glazed with honey bourbon garlic butter and topped with savory bacon breadcrumbs; or go for the melt-in-your-mouth Filet Mignon Steak Tacos, with chimichurri-marinated grilled steak, avocado relish, and cotija cheese over corn tortillas. If Baby Back Ribs are your thing, you can’t go wrong there either! You’ll get a full rack, grilled and glazed with Tavern+Bowl’s signature beerbeque sauce and served on a bed of fries.
Concerned about dietary restrictions? Costa Mesa 55 Tavern+Bowl’s menu includes items that are vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and even paleolithic!
Costa Mesa 55 Tavern+Bowl is located where the 55 Freeway meets Newport Boulevard in The Triangle. 1875 Newport Blvd Costa Mesa CA 92627
See you there!
Posted in Food, Sports
Tagged @TavernBowl, beer, bowling, Costa Mesa, gluten free, paleo, San Diego, Tavern +Bowl, vegan, vegetarian
Oh yes we did. What better way to celebrate Super Bowl XLVIII than showcasing some of the best and funniest ads for game day ever. Everyone of course has a different list but these were pretty funny. Enjoy.
Also check out analyst Super Bowl predictions for who will win today’s game. Seattle Seahawks or Denver Broncos? How will things play out? Who will assume a starring role? NFL.com analysts weigh in with their predictions for Super Bowl XLVIII.
Click the image below and read at NFL.com
Super Bowl XLVIII will be played at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, home to the NY Giants and NY Jets, and is the first ever played in the northeast. To date, 77% of all Super Bowl games have been played in the states of Florida, Louisiana, and California.
Valuepenguin.com sent over to Gia On The Move a super cool interactive infographic created by designer Jonathan Wu, detailing projections, winners, match-ups, performance and who were the MVPs.
You will want to get down with this one. So click the image to be taken to the live .page. It’s a trip.