So I woke up last week to a surprising and sincerely unexpected email from Deborah Stambler of betweenparents.org nominating this blog for a Versatility Award. I had no idea such a thing existed and am truly honored. I never expected it.
After a short Christmas holiday food fest and a brief stay in Scripts Mercy Hospital, San Diego, making this season truly memorable (more on that later – maybe), I am finally getting around to my speach and carrying on the traditions that go along with the nom. lol
1. Nominate 15 Fellow Bloggers. Ok this is going to have to be an ongoing list that gets updated because, there are so many blogs that I currently read, I’m not sure which ones to pick. They are all great! Here are five for now:
2. Let the bloggers know. Yes indeed. Spreading the joy and fun of spreading the word.
3. Share 7 random things about myself. Alrighty then…
At age 10 I was scouted for the US Olympic Gymnastics team but never attended the tryouts. My parents couldn’t get me to the practices. It is my single biggest regret in life.
I danced professionally but never really had great dance technique until later in life because I couldn’t stand the feeling of my feet touching the ground. I preferred jumping, leaping and flying in the air.
I received a perfect 10 for the swimsuit category of the Regional Miss America Pageant trials when I was 18 years old. – and I have no photo to prove it!
Steamer clams are my second favorite food next to a New England Lobster — or maybe it’s the other way around. I don’t know — it’s a toss up.
I wanted to be a Paleontologist when I grew up.
At age 9 I wrote my first book entitled, “The History of the World”, gave it its own Dewey Decimal number and placed it in the school library. A few months later when I found my book (I had initially been very excited to see that my masterpiece had been ‘checked out’ and therefore being read) in my mother’s linen chest as a souvenir, I demanded she return it immediately saying, “It’s not for just for you, it’s for EVERYONE!”
Every close and best friend I have is currently living somewhere between 2465 and 3628 miles away. (What does that mean anyway?)
BONUS: My aunt Rose always said I was a writer. Bloggers weren’t invented back then. lol
4. Thank Deb Stambler for nominating me. THANK YOU DEB! YOU ROCK! Being recognized is probably the most amazing gift anyone can give to an artist of any sort. It’s awesome to know I’m writing something interesting enough to read.
5. Put the Versatile Blogger badge on my site: